Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shopping with Charlie

I love my husband very much, there's no denying that.
Sometimes, however, he really lacks common sense.
Last night we went shopping to Tanger Outlets in North Myrtle Beach. I need ultra conservative teacher clothes and he just needed some nice new shirts/pants. He's a bit sick of his old stuff.
The whole way there he kept telling me how hungry he was. He had just gotten home before I got home and hadn't had a chance to eat anything. So as soon as we got to the Outlets, we headed for the food court. I had had a late lunch at school, so really just wanted a Cinnabon. He, in typical Charlie fashion, headed straight for the pizza place. No one was there to take his order. He waited. And he waited. Eventually he got angry and just came and sat down. "There he is!" I exclaimed as the man walked up to the register. "I don't care." Charlie said. "What do you MEAN you don't care, you've been telling me for the past 30 minutes how hungry you are, you've been waiting, and now you won't go get pizza?" "It's the principle." "What principle?" "I don't like to be kept waiting."
This is just me, but when I'm hungry, I don't care what anyone does to me, I'm GETTING FOOD. He's really picky, so there really wasn't anything else that immediatley caught his eye. I eventually persueded him to go to the Great American Steak company, which he did, and he got a sandwhich he turned out to really like.
We had a really nice rest of the night. He bought two dress shirts and a pair of pants. All looked REALLY snazzy on him. Paws off ladies! I bought a pair of pants and a shirt, both of which I'm wearing today and I really like.
He apologized later for being difficult. "I say wierd things sometimes when I'm hungry." I'm used to it, darling.
Does this whole thing seem silly to someone else? I just thought it was a bit much to go hungry just because someone didn't come to the register right away.

3 Comments:

Blogger bloggrez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 AM  
Blogger bigsip said...

Nice story, Di. I loved the slice of life. It was yummy!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Mat Brewster said...

See, I can understand where Charlie is coming from. Sure he was hungry, but the anger takes over for a bit. You know, ya go stand in line wanting some pizza, but then you can't have pizza because nobody will serve you. Then you're too pissed to want anything.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home